Saturday, March 19, 2005

Beardy Weirdos, Japanese and Bollywood

Disclaimer: this post is really boring, and contains no sex bits. I’m just putting off homework, so…

Great day yesterday. Met Bill bailey. Yes, I did my normal impression of a giggling starstruck idiot around him. Sigh. But I got my Black Books DVDs signed, and Paleboy’s too (since he was at the – brr – air show).

Mum swore that Bill Bailey was stoned. But she would. And I did get to convince her that people actually read my ‘website’, thanks to the gorgeous Ladycracker, who was being a PR Goddess there. (As opposed to Jelly’s parents, my parents don’t even know how to turn on a computer, so if I tell them about my ‘internet website’, they’ll go ‘hmm’ and think about the location of their next weekend away).

After the Billness, mum and I walked to Ito, my favouritest restaurant in the city. On our way there, we saw an old woman with the most amazing nimbus of white hair, walking the opposite way. We were on our way to follow her, (just for a bit, to further appreciate the hair and see the reactions of others) but then we bumped into someone we knew, and lost her. Damn.

Mum was under whelmed by Ito, (not a huge fan of Japanese). We saw Bride and Prejudice, which we both adored. Then had some iced coffee and cake at some random café, while analysing what the deal was with this weird wedding party who were also there.

Said goodbye to Mum, met my friend Hi-Skool @ Alphabet City Westgarth. We bitched about our boyfriends, and otherwise practically looked like normal hetero girls, weird. But yeah. Hi-Skool rocks.

The exhibition was cool, cool, cool. Go see!

The gig was funny, as me, Boyfriend and Hi-Skool made fun of all the earnest Christians there. And the singer, while being a very good piano player, completely killed Ben Folds.

Urg, I’m even boring myself. Sorry guys.

Now, some quality time with Boyfriend tonight, at the realm of the senses film fest. Boom-boom.

8 comments:

annoying customer said...

Hah!
Youre going to realm of senses too!?
And here I was thinking you had no taste...

:)

annoying customer said...

What a lovely evening.
Cant believe 'Webster says' came second. Almost definately the poorest film of the evening...

My money says you were a member of the little goth squad that set up camp nearby me right at the front... am i a winner?

Hambo said...

OMG I CAN POST A COMMENT!!!!!!

I love you blogger! Your my hero!

Sorry Desci, really off topic

Desci said...

AC - if you mean the two short round pseudo-goths who cuddled up at the front with the blanket and the overly-clingy snuggling, then yah, that was us :P And if you thought it was me, and didn't say a discreet hi, I'm gonna be soooo mad.

Webster was really, really, not the best, or even the fifth best film. I voted for Ward 13. Boyfriend for Ray, but only coz his name's in the credits. Show off.

Ben said...

Bill Bailey is a champ. Can't help but think that it would be great if he was stoned...

Azhar Hussein said...

Hi :)

I absolutely love your blog! I'll definitely bookmark it, keep up the great work.

Please check out my site if you get some time: The Coolest Guy On The Planet

Azhar Hussein said...

Hi :)

I absolutely love your blog! I'll definitely bookmark it, keep up the great work.

Please check out my site if you get some time: The Coolest Guy On The Planet

Azhar Hussein said...

Hi :)

I love your blog and will be sure to bookmark it. Keep up the great work!

Please visit my site if you get some time: The Coolest Guy On The Planet