Thursday, September 08, 2005

Random stuff.

- I have a new phone! (My phone history thus far? Motorola cd928: 1998 – 2002, Motorola T181: 2002 – 2005. I always buy outright, and only upgrade if I MUST)

The new’un is a Motorola E378i. I’ve had it for eight days. So far, it’s pretty cool. Still working out the kinks, especially how to automatically enable the alarm to go off EVERY DAY at 10.48am (my ‘pill time’ alarm: a big part of why I hardly ever forget it).

- Did I tell you I saw an Angie Hart gig on Sunday night? She was love-er-lee as always. Also – her ‘Jessie’ tatt has been painted over with a kind of ship thing.

- Random Act of Cuntiness: I was bored @ my parents’ house last night (I usually sleep there once a week, to tie in with my driving lesson in the morning). So I put the family computer’s homepage (well, my brother’s the only other one who uses it) on to www.nambla.org - the North American Man/Boy Love Association. Muahahahah.

- Saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory again on Tuesday. Man, it’s cool. Better script, stronger characters, and a funny-creepy (not creepy-creepy) Willy Wonka. Sure, the Oompa Loompa songs are a bit better in the original; but otherwise, Burton’s one rules.

- On a similar note. Sound geeks who frequent Victoria Gardens cinema BEWARE cinema two. For the last couple of weeks the middle speaker’s been broken, and it’s coming out of the left channel. Which is fine unless a) you’re sitting on the right of the cinema, or b) your partner is a sound engineer and barks like a pony about it for most of the movie. Grrr.

- I stole this from Bruce, and thought it was cute. I’m being totally honest, as to dodge (completely valid) attacks of ‘you’re making a fake top 10 playlist to look cool, dickhole’ so here tis. But I’m, like, totally into cooler stuff (insert hipster pelvic-out pose and hair flick) So, here tis, not to show off my 1337 music taste (which looks pretty piss poor here, I’m afraid) but because you should try it as it’s amusing.

iPod 8 Ball Meme!

The idea is to ask the question, then skip to the next track on your shuffle all playlist…

What do you think of me, iPod?
Let Me Down – Area 7 (Yeah, fair call. I’d be fucking disappointed if I had area 7 on me, too…)

Will I have a happy life?
Are You Still Having Fun – Eagle-Eye Cherry (um, yes… but will I forever?)

What do my friends really think of me?
New Slang – the Shins (What, like, ‘That Desci is a cuntbutter fuckchair’… since that’s some… new slang. Or do they think my shins are grotesquely misshapen? IT’S A BIRTH DEFECT!)

Do people secretly lust after me?
Judith– A Perfect Circle (‘Hey, that Desci chick, is she hot’ ‘well, it’s not like she killed someone’)

How can I make myself happy?
Not Your Sport – 3 x 0 (Damn straight! I hate sport. Hooray, Maxi the Mini iPod!)

What should I do with my life?
Reno Dakota – The Magnetic Fields (But I don’t WANNA go to America!)

Why must life be so full of pain?
Walkie Talkie Man – the Some Dumb Frat Boy Band (This is just weird. Oh, and don’t you love how I didn’t know the band, so just made up the name?)

How can I maximize my pleasure during sex?
The Outsider – A Perfect Circle (Suggestions for meaning? Anyone?)

Will I die happy?
Run Like Mad - Dawson’sCreekSeason1InternationalReleaseThemesong (So, ‘no, you’re gonna die fleeing from Godzilla, Gamera, or similar Gigantic Creature.)

Can you give me some advice?
Relapse – Little Birdy (That’s… not… overly healthy. Especially since I officially quit smoking earlier this year)

What do you think happiness is?
Goody Two Shoes – Unwritten Law (But being bad is so FUN!)

And now, the last question. Remembering I didn’t cheat. I swear, this made my day:

What’s my favorite fetish?
Anything, Anything – Dramarama.

10 comments:

DJ said...

1) Your Bruce link is all busted and
2) Get your sound engineer BF to ring them and tell them whats wrong with it.

Desci said...

DJ - cheers for that xoxo

People, Bruce is linked. I can't fix it @ the mo. go click him there

<--

Adam 1.0 said...

Prediction. My version of this will be a farce.

What do you think of me, CREATIVE NOMAD ZEN XTRA
Trees - Pulp (yep, there we go. FARCE)

Will I have a happy life?
Love Will Tear Us Apart - Squarepusher

What do my friends really think of me?
Electric Demons In Love - Electric Six (!?)

Do people secretly lust after me?
Jig of Life - Kate Bush (!!)

How can I make myself happy?
The Living Daylights - A-ha (James Bond movies are the key to success?)

What should I do with my life?
U-Mass - Pixies

Why must life be so full of pain?
The Classic - The Fall (FUCK THIS BROKEN 8-BALL)

How can I maximize my pleasure
during sex?
No Credit Card - Amanda Lear (Yeah, that pretty much covers it)

Will I die happy?
What A Crying Shame - The Mavericks

Can you give me some advice?
Funky Weekend - The Stylistics

What do you think happiness is?
Empty Bed, Empty Heart - Gary Numan (!!)

What’s my favorite fetish?
Homebreakers - The Style Council (what does that mean? I should be trying to shag married women? This 8 ball is a piece of crap)

unique_stephen said...

The Outsider – A Perfect Circle
Looks like you need to invite some outside talent into your relationship for a little bizarre love triangle

Bruce said...

I think it will take many "outsiders" until you have a daisy chain long enough to form "a perfect circle".

Kerces said...

How can you say the songs were better in the original choclate factory movie huh? This one used the real Roald Dahl songs and he's one damn good twisted poet.
K

Desci said...

Adam - hurhurhur, no credit card

Stephen and Bruce - that's it! Hee! I love it.

kerces - i like the scrolling words and 70s freakout montage of the old oompa songs!

Hambo said...

1) How can I maximize my pleasure during sex?
The Outsider – A Perfect Circle = the latest sex toy from japan.
2) Re: Victoria Gardens. Yeah that would cunt me off as I tend to want to sit in the very center of the cinema.

3) What do you think of me Winamp v5.094?

Endless Road - Time Bandits

Will I have a happy life?

Laid - James (You mean laid back right? Or Happy to GET laid?)

What do my friends really think of me?

Make me smile (come on up and see me) - Duran Duran

Do people secretly lust after me?

Will they die for you? - Mase, Puffy, Lil' Kim and System of a Down (I wouldn't die for me, don't expect anyone else to.)

How can I make myself happy?

Never There - Cake (mmmmm cake)

What should I do with my life?

Do Anything - Natural Selection (OMG I iz no lyer mang! Freaky. Microsoft Start anything LOLS!)

Why must life be so full of pain?

No Rain - Blind Melon (Wow trippy)

How can I maximize my pleasure during sex?

Shut up... Footy's on the radio - TISM (now this is creepy)

Will I die happy?

I make Hamburgers - The Whitlams (so that means I'll get all the girls right? Har Har! Winamp 8 Ball, you so funny.

Can you give me some advice?

I don't want TISM, I want a Girlfriend - TISM (I shit you not, Winamp is spitting these out. Plus I do have a shitload of TISM.)

What do you think happiness is?

There's No-one - The Whitlams (thats not a good sign. I also got a tonne of The Whitlams too *Sad face*)

Desci said...

HAMBO! I can't belieeeever you have 'Do Anything'. My GOD was I obsessed with that cassingle...

Hambo said...

Most of my collection is acutally a remote backup of Caz's. Now she has them on DVD, with a few "extras" chucked in cause I felt cunty at the time.

2407 mp3s at the moment, I have a new batch of CD's to process, should boost that to 2600+. Only small fry when you look at what Ipods can store now.

Do anything would be from Caz's set. Back then, I was too nerdy with my nerd stuff to own music. Only got my first CD in year 8 and it was TISM's Four Seasons which was stolen a year later.

Grrrrr.

Now Im drowning in CD's and DVD's