Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Zondu

My Tamagotchi ran out of battery today. After six months and eleven generations and NO DEATHS. Well done to me. I’ll replace the battery soon, methinks.

I feel awful today. I think I’m never going to get a job, let alone one I enjoy. I don’t know how I’m going to start my fiction piece, and I’ve been unusually unmotivated about it. My ‘real’ hotmail account (the one I’ve had for eight years) is suddenly ‘Syntax Error’-ing on this, my shiny new pc, and I can’t get to important emails. My other one (desci at…etc) is fine. I bought series two of Scrubs at jb on Friday ($30, nice) and for some reason the copy I had was fine until about twenty minutes when it kept freezing. I exchanged it for another and that’s doing the same. And… I don’t know, the ring came off my pudding can. Stuff sucks.

I should get a cunting livejournal account and start writing bad poetry about my bloody middle-class pain. Wah wah for me.

11 comments:

Mel said...

Take my penknife, my good woman.

The Hack said...

What about us brain-dead slobs? You'll be given cushy jobs!

Don't sweat the job sitch, Desci. If Barney Gumble can be considered for a job on the monorail, surely you and your 1337 editorial skillz can pull a wage from some company...

DJ said...

yes, well I emailed you one option :-)

Dollop said...

Fuck Microsoftcocks Hotmail Deshi - get a gmail account. Muuch, much l33t3r.

insertnamehere said...

Thanks Desci, I now have the Simpson's Monorail song running around my head.

Monorail, monorail, monorail, monorail.

Is there a chance the track could bend?

Not on your life, my Hindu friend


On a completely unrelated topic, Helen Razor has been hosting the afternoon programme on 774 this week. It's funny, I no longer have the urge to stab her in the head everytime I hear her voice.

Am I getting old?

Prue said...

"You know a town with money is a little like the mule with a spinning wheel. No-one knows how he got it and danged if he knows how to use it!"

Hehe...Mule ;)

I say you should definetely come and join the whining over at LJ. We're so full of drama over there :D

Meanwhile, don't stress about the job thing darlin, you're a fucking great writer and without a doubt, someone will know someone who can get you a job with someones cousin. You know how it is. Just put forth the word, and let the offers fly in :D

Root duck hahahaha

shrover said...

Your situation goes to prove my theory that big crises can be coped with fine, it's the trivial shit in life that is really depressing.

When you're old and bitter like moi, you'll look back on your unemployed days with fond nostalgia.

teigan said...

D, you put my Tam-nurturing skillz to shame.

Hang in there. And definitely ditch Hotmail; this will improve your life substantially.

insertnamehere:
>Am I getting old?

No, she is. It's sad really.

mnkymelbourne said...

You got the pudding can open though - didn't you??? didn't you??? Please don't tell me you threw it out - please god in heaven no - what sort of pudding was it?

Ben said...

You strike me as more of a MSN Spaces or Yahoo360 user rather than a LiveJournal person Desci :)

Desci said...

thank you all for your kindness and insults. you know i heart both equally. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Dear GOD, im so old...