Saturday, March 01, 2008

T MINUS 4 WEEKS

Bitches!

I gave notice on Friday. March 28 is my last day, which gives me only SIXTEEN MORE WORKING DAYS, I think. Oh, my, god.

So at the end of March I'll be looking for work. But I'm not looking right now, because I want to also take some time to write and do a zillion other things, self-improvement and career-improvement-wise. More about that later, I'm sure.

I'll be looking at other editor positions, but I'll be casting a pretty wide net to see what else there is. The main thing is something that is more than $30k a year (unless it's a fantastic job, or part time). But I have no idea what I'm worth, so that's gonna make it interesting.

So that's where my life is. Tis exciting.

7 comments:

flashman said...

Go Desci! I'm back in the job hunt again - if you can afford to, it's nice to take a little time and work out what you want to do.

But I hope you can get a job for +$30k... as that's kind of the area I'm looking and I'd like one too :P

Hambo said...

http://www.makinggirlsrun.com/?q=node/604

I scare myself sometimes....

The Hack said...

Drop me a line if I can help. Otherwise, we will talk on at the Captain...

RandomGit said...

So was it fed up'ness in general or the pay just couldn't be floated anymore?

Job hunt like a mad thing!

Desci said...

flashman: Good luck to us both, good sir! I'd say let's race, but IT verses publising industry? It will make me cry.

Hambo: Hee! Well last year was right off, the year before was dead-on, so maybe this is a return to form?

Hack: Indeed we SHALL, good sir...

RG: Shall discuss at length once I'm outie.

Ruth said...

My business cards say 'Editor'. You can have my job. Seriously.

Desci said...

Ruth: I see your job, and take it.

Because mine didn't even *have* business cards.