- Chinese girls are ghey for blond guys, no matter how ugly they are. Case in point Boyfriend's coworker, who kind of looks like… I dunno, just a generic guy, certainly not a dream boat. And all the women at the Beijing branch of his company loooove him. Blonde average/ugly guys: to Beijing with you!
An aside: The only blond guy I've ever had a crush on was… Michael Tunn. I was eight.
- I saw a Real Estate agent opened at 8pm. Sunday.
- On 11/11 they had a festival for, as my gorgeous sometimes-guide put it, 'people without partners or friends or anybody' because it's the 1, 1 day of the 1, 1 month. So cool. We should have a festival celebrating the single and/or friendless! Single people: embrace your aversion to conformist 'nesting'! The friendless: meet some new people to enjoy!
- Also, when you give anyone a $100 RMB note, they check if it's counterfeit. Very, very odd for an Australian to experience.
- You know I don't like getting into the poo humour, but briefly: I don't like Chinese toilets. The ones that are basically a drain in the ground were actually pretty easy to wee in (on??) but the western-style ones are weird. They fill with water over half way up, and have two drains in them… and because of how they work, once you flush you basically get a ten-second parade of what you just left there. Hm.
- Boyfriend saw a cat going for a walk with his owner. Not on a leash. But in a bee costume.
51 minutes ago