- I became very, very good at bargaining. I've been poor my adult life, so have become somewhat of a forced tightarse. And once I got over my overreacting to every single thing, my bargaining prowess improved (I eventually stopped running up to things that were only mildly impressive and bellowing out to Boyfriend 'OH MY GOD LOOK! A SHINY THING!!! LOOOOK!' Try getting $10 once you've shown the seller that without purchasing the good in question, you will die.
- Half way through the trip, I said to Boyfriend I felt like a pretty girl visiting an Islamic country, who has to wear a niqab: she's used her looks to charm people all her life, now they've been taken away. I'm like that with my words. And now, since I know only very. Basic. Mandarin, I can't really use words to try and make people like me.
- Of course I tried to find a gym that had Combat. One disconnected phone number and getting sick later, I was unsuccessful. Next time.
- Boyfriend had to do some work while he was over there. It was ok, I was able to spend some time fending for myself which was good. I tagged along with him to this thing with a Very Big Hollywood director, so I briefly got to watch him work but not meet him. Interesting, but perhaps not worth sitting around all day. I had books though, so it could have been worse.
- Our apartment was next to a 'Modelling Agency'. Attractive, tall Asian chicks walking in and out all day. Awesome. Awesome.
Here endeth the China talk.
1 hour ago