Monday, November 15, 2010

19.10.10

Surgery

So yes, I'm having collarbone surgery to get this fucker to heal. It's been killing me lately, I keep waking up in pain, having to move it.

I'll have a plate and a few screws keeping it together, which I'll have to get removed in 2-3 years.

There's a chance I'll need a bone graft from my hip, but I'm using all my positive hippy-grade energy to hope that won't happen.

It'll take awhile to heal (about a month, they say, but that's what they originally said with the accident) and I'll be in a sling for the Descendants. It's all bad.

Could be worse; cancer, herpes, death, brain damage, paralysis. Two tears in a bucket, motherfuck it, eh?

2 comments:

RandomGit said...

Look at it this way, for a short while you will be the most piercing extreme Goth in the club, albeit a ninja extreme.

Desci said...

That is if I can GET to a club - I'm so broken I haven't had a proper dance in 6 months!